Are you having trouble selecting the AC that’s best for you? Rest assured that we’re here to alleviate the pressure and help you find the AC that suits your needs!
Consider Your Unique Home
The first step in finding a new AC is determining what you need in regards to your home. The size and type of the air conditioner you need depends on the square footage of your household, the location of the unit, and the insulation of your home.
To measure air conditioners, techs use tonnage, which determines its cooling power. For example, a 3-ton unit will have more power than a 2-ton unit. You will need 0.0016 tons per square foot of your household. So, if you’re looking to cool a 2,400 square foot house, you’ll need a 4-ton unit. If you have more specific questions based on your home, calculate the tonnage you require, then request service!
Air Conditioner Suitability
Knowing what type of air conditioner you need is key. There are six types of air conditioners each designed to fulfill a specific purpose. For questions specific to your household, call a professional!
All six types of air conditioners are unique in terms of both performance and pricing. Our goal is to help you to determine which type of air conditioner is best for you without sacrificing quality for quantity.
- Central Air Conditioners: These units combine all parts of an air conditioner into one unit featuring the compressor, evaporator, and condenser. They’re placed at the foundation of the home and are typically used to cool large homes.
- Mini-split Air Conditioners: These systems combine an outdoor compressor and condenser with indoor air-handling units. Tubing connects the mounted indoor and outdoor units and circulates the cold air. Each room in your home may have one mounted indoor unit.
- Geothermal Heating & Cooling: A geothermal coil installed deep in the ground that can heat and cool your home.
- Hybrid Air Conditioners: Use both fossil fuels and electricity to maintain energy efficiency. When it’s hot, cold air will be distributed throughout the home. When it’s cold, the unit will work in reverse and distribute heat throughout the home.
- Portable Units: Similar in form to a window unit, portable units can be moved from room to room and don’t require placement in a windowsill.
- Window Units: Common units that condense all systems into one unit that sit in the windowsill and circulate air pulled from the outside at a set temperature.
Finding the best price is always important. We pride ourselves on our ability to work with our customers and determine which air conditioner best fits their needs. Also, our promotions are always offered to make sure our customers are satisfied. For more information on new air conditioners, pricing, and available promotions schedule a service call. We’ll be happy to assist you with all of your new air conditioner needs