Your Go To Provider For Attic Insulation Services
Your home will not be able to reach peak comfortability without proper attic insulation. It will be less able to retain hot air during the winter and cold air during the summer. There is bound to be air leaks in homes that have attics and poor insulation. The unwanted loss of cold or warm air will cause unnecessary strain on you and your system. It is important to keep your house insulated for a comfortable home and wallet.
Types of Attic Insulation
Different attic insulation companies will use various methods and materials for their services. There are pros and cons to each type of insulation, so some are more effective in certain situations than others. However, adequate insulation is applicable in just about any case. Here are the main attic insulation types used and some advantages and disadvantages of each.
Spray Foam Insulation
- Spray foam insulation features some of the most substantial insulation on the market.
- Provides sealing that keeps your home’s air and outside air separate.
- Highly water-resistant. No need to worry about mildew or moisture.
- Highly durable and long-lasting.
- One of the more expensive insulation products.
- Nearly impossible to remove if looking to renovate.
- Uses potentially harmful chemicals (do not attempt a DIY insulation).
- Low-cost method using shredded paper and boric acid.
- Easy to install and excellent for filling tight or uniquely shaped spaces.
- Made from safe and recycled materials.
- Installation process can create a lot of dust due to process of using insulation blower to hose area with insulation.
- Could possibly damage your existing home ductwork.
- Cellulose retains moisture, potentially leading to a breeding ground for mildew and mold. However, this could be avoided with proper maintenance.
Batt Insulation vs. Blown-In Fiberglass
Are you still wondering what the best attic insulation for your home is? Fiberglass is the most popular home insulation product because it has all the advantages of both foam and cellulose without any of the disadvantages. Fiberglass is affordable, effective, easy to install, and easier to clean.
The two main type of fiberglass insulation are fiberglass batt insulation and blow-in fiberglass insulation.
Fiberglass batt insulation is the easiest to install while remaining relatively effective. This form of fiberglass is pre-cut or rolled into a bundle. This makes for an easy installation process.
Blow-in fiberglass insulation is installed the same way as cellulose insulation. An insulation blower is used to disperse the loose chinks of fiberglass throughout the targeted area. This method is easier for awkward shaped spaces and crevices.
Blow-in fiberglass has a couple of significant advantages over cellulose. Fiberglass will leave behind far less debris during installation. It is also water-resistant and flame-resistant.
When combining all of the advantages to cost, sustainability, cleanliness, and effectiveness, it makes sense that fiberglass is the most popular option.
Why Service Patriots?
If you’re looking for attic insulation companies that take customer service as seriously as a great installation, Service Patriots is here for you.
Service Patriots’ mission has always been to make every customer can be happy and comfortable in their own home. Our heating and cooling experts work to provide you with the best solution for your home.
Our attic insulation contractors use Owens Corning L77 PROPINK Fiberglass for all attic insulation services. We use this insulation for multiple reasons.
– Owens Corning L77 PROPINK is easy to disperse, making it a great fit for any space. It won’t cause any issues to your home’s foundation.
- Sustainability – Made from 55% or more recycled materials, leaving behind very little dust or debris. Your home will remain clean throughout and after the insulation process.
- Quality – L77 PROPINK is fantastic at its job. It has a higher R-value (the unit for measuring effectiveness of any insulation) than any cellulose product and most fiberglass products.
- Portability – This fiberglass product has the highest yield-per-bag. This means we can get the maximum insulation material from each bag without it becoming heavy and cumbersome, saving on product costs and labor. This translates to more money in your wallet.
Attic insulation is an essential HVAC service. If your attic needs new insulation, or you want to upgrade your existing insulation, don’t hesitate to contact us today. With Service Patriots, you receive utmost respect and consideration with our service. Our number one goal is to build positive relationships in our communities, and we do that by providing the best and most courteous service we can.
At Service Patriots, our philosophy is that your comfort and satisfaction are top priority, whether we provide attic or crawl space insulation services or other heating & air work. We look forward to meeting your insulation needs!
To schedule an attic insulation consultation or service, contact us today to get started.