Keep Warm & Comfortable
Service Patriots provides excellent heating maintenance service to residents of Southern Washington and Northern Oregon.
Your heating system’s performance depends on how well maintained it is. The warmth and quality of air produced by the heater, as well as the electricity it consumes, is greatly influenced by regular maintenance tasks such as:
- Cleaning burners
- Changing filters
- Periodic checkup of its ignition system
Regular maintenance is crucial for every heating system, and more so for gas and oil furnaces. You also need a professional technician to make sure your ventilation system is free from leaks and blockages.
Service Patriots are experts in heating maintenance work. Backed with more than two decades of performing routine checkups and services, we take pride in ensuring that families in Washington state can have a warm and cozy stay in their homes during winter.
What are the Most Common Heating Problems?
It’s easy to forget about your heating system while the weather is still warm. But ignoring your heater’s upkeep can lead to problems when winter starts to set in, leading to costly repairs and replacements.
Some of the issues you could encounter with a heating system that lacks maintenance are:
- Muddled ignition control
- Problems with pilot lights
- Lack of circulation or airflow
- Mold growth on the furnace
- Dirty and clogged filters
- Malfunctioning thermostat
- Higher electrical bills
You can prevent these problems by having a professional technician perform routine maintenance work on your heating system.
Why is It Important to Maintain Your Heating System?
- Warranty validation: Most manufacturers would void your warranty if your heating system is not maintained regularly.
- Consistent energy efficiency: A properly lubricated system, free from dust and dirt, performs better and consumes less electricity.
- Extends heater’s lifetime: You can add three to five years to your heating system’s functioning period before replacement.
- Better air quality: A clean filter can trap most allergens, including pet dander, dust, and pollen.
- Comfortable and safe home: A clean and properly working furnace keeps you safe from heater-related fires and carbon monoxide emissions.
- Saves time and money: Aside from preventing higher electric bills, you also won’t have to wait in queue for a technician during winter, when most neglected heating systems break down.
When Should You Schedule a Maintenance?
Demands for heating repairs spike up during this time of year, and even if a technician arrives promptly, the repair might take days to finish. When this happens, the repair cost is the least of your worries – your expenses could go up even higher because your family will need temporary lodging accommodations.
To avoid inconveniences, we at Service Patriots recommend scheduling your heating maintenance:
- At least once a year: You can keep your heating system running smoothly with annual maintenance arrangements. However, scheduling it too early in the year can potentially negate the benefits. Dust and dirt will have accumulated by the time you turn on the heater several months later.
- Before the winter season: You should schedule for maintenance before temperatures start to drop. We recommend scheduling the service sometime between the end of summer to the beginning of fall.
- Every quarter: If you have someone in your family who’s sensitive to air quality – such as those with respiratory problems – it’s best to have your heating system undergo maintenance two to four times a year.
What Happens During Furnace Maintenance?
Below is maintenance procedure on most types of heating systems:
- In-depth inspection of the ventilation system
- Complete removal of any blockages in the vents
- Careful checking of heat exchangers for any signs of damage or corrosion
- Extensive examination of the blower that includes cleaning and removal of any debris
- Detailed check of the blower motor and testing for its amp draw
- Meticulous inspection of electrical connections – secure the circuit and, if needed, replace any damaged wiring
- A comprehensive assessment of burner and flame sensor
- Thorough belt inspection – scanned for any signs of cracks or deterioration
- Thermostat testing and, if needed, perform calibrations
- Lubrication of all the heater’s moving parts
- Inspection of the air filter – includes a thorough cleaning and, if necessary, filter replacement
- Testing the heating system’s controls and startup cycle
We also perform additional tasks if you have a gas or oil furnace, such as:
- Remove carbon soot
- Check vacuum readings
- Assessment of gas pressure
- Detailed examination of the thermocouple
- Examining fuel lines to identify potential leaks
- Oiling of motor and replacing the oil filter, if needed
- Comprehensive inspection and tests performed on the burner and pilot
Why Choose Service Patriots for Your Heating Maintenance?
Service Patriots, we take pride in consistently providing trustworthy and honest services to the community. Here are some of the unique benefits that we offer:
Expert and Certified Technicians
When you choose Service Patriots, you can expect superior service from our professional and expert technicians.
Our team has the following exemplary credentials:
- North American Technician Excellence (NATE) Certification
- Bonded, licensed, and insured
- Drug-tested and background-checked
- Up-to-date training on the latest HVAC technologies
Respect to You and Your Property
Showing utmost respect to your home and your family, our expert technicians always wear proper shoe covers and drop cloths while performing their tasks. We make sure that your home stays undisturbed the entire time.
Schedule a Heating Maintenance Service with Service Patriots
Contact us and join thousands of residents in Southern Washington and Northern Oregon who have peace of mind with their heating system.